September 24, 2018

Fall Home Tour 2018


Welcome to my home for a tour of my dining room and living
room decorated for Fall. Those are really the main rooms I 
change the decor out seasonally. I like to have a seasonal 
vignette on my kitchen table too but I'm reserving that for
more of a Halloween theme this year...that will be later.

Come on in through the front door into an open space that 
is kind of a combo foyer and dining room. 


A French buffet holds two lamps made from orange 
terracotta garden urns. The artwork in the frame changes
seasonally. Right now it is an art print that has had clear 
artist medium added in brush stroke patterns to mimic
a painting ("how to" here). 

A planter holds one of my main design elements for this Fall,
succulents. The planter has antlers on either side for a Fall touch.

To your right is the dining room portion of the space. 

I finally got up enough nerve to paint the antique hutch with
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. (see that process here).
The dining room chairs are next on my list to be painted.

The centerpiece on the dining room table is a large white
faux pumpkin. It is topped with faux succulents so there
is no upkeep required to keep these looking fresh all season. 

As you can see through the hutch glass, the pumpkins and
succulents are my main decorating theme this year. 

Last year I also used the faux pumpkins and faux succulents
to decorate for Fall. I kind of went wild with the look after
I found a lot of the faux succulents on a clearance sale.
Fall 2017

I think they might have been on clearance because the colors
were not the most appealing. I told myself that there ARE
real succulents those colors and used them as they were. 
Fall 2017

However, I never got used to the colors. This year before I
used the faux succulents again, I painted the ones that did
not look real to me so I am happier with the look this year. 
If you would like to see that paint process click here.

If you want to see tips on how to combine the faux pumpkins
 and faux succulents together click here. 

Now we'll move on to the living room...

The upholstered furniture pieces are neutral colors so it is
 easy to change out the pillows and throws as the seasons change.

This year for the coffee table I used a tray (from Walmart
that looks like wood but actually is a plastic or resin) to
hold books, a real Casper pumpkin, faux antlers and faux
succulents in pots. 

The main focal point of the room is the fireplace, mantel and bookcases.


This framed picture is also an art print brushed with 
clear artist medium to replicate a painting. If you want
to see how this print was done you can click here.

The candle holders are topped with more succulents and
pumpkins. The candle holders came from a garden center
gift shop...they look very old but might be reproductions.

To the left of the fireplace is the single bookcase.

I find myself using mostly white accessories during most
of the year so I tried bringing darker items out of the attic
for decorating this Fall. 



To the right of the fireplace are the double bookcases.

I used to have lots of books on the bookcases but have 
gradually thinned out my collection and moved most of
what I kept to the office area. Now the shelves are mainly
used for seasonal decor. 



Straight across the room from the sofa is a credenza that
holds the radio and CD player. It was a thrift store find that
my husband refinished the wood on top and I painted the
bottom white. 

The large blown glass candle holder on the credenza
holds a small pumpkin on a bed of moss.

The framed chicken wire above the credenza was originally
made to hold Christmas cards but I've ended up keeping it
up all year and changing out the subject matter seasonally.

Here are the Fall quotes I made into faux wood signs
for the chicken wire this year...


 These quotes' text are below as jpegs if you want to
 download them like photos and print them at home.

I glued the printed out quotes on to foam core but
you could also frame them in a 8"x10" frame.
The wood paper I used is kind of "busy"...the quotes 
would probably be easier to read on a less patterned paper. 



This quote was framed and used on the double bookcase. It is horizontal. 

Thank you so much for coming to visit!


Suggested Pinterest Image


10 comments

  1. Your home looks like a magazine spread, Gayle! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great, Gayle! I really LOVE those big chunky candleholders. You always do such a nice job and 'just enough', too.
    Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful! I just love that you used such an abundance of pumpkins. They are all so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin/succulent combo is great! And those bookcases are the perfect stage for your vignettes. Your fall decor is lovely. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall decor is absolutely beautiful! I love your fireplace with the built-in shelves on either side. Your white pumpkins topped with succulents that are your theme this year are so pretty. I am sure that guests look at every detail when they visit your home. I'm so glad that you commented on my blog so that I could discover yours. I help host "Best of the Weekend" each Friday night at 8 pm. I hope that you'll add my party to your list of blog parties for sharing each week. I know that my followers would love to see your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your home is so gorgeous. I love all of your pumpkins and your beautiful fall decor. I think the white pumpkins and succulents look really pretty with all your neutrals. I enjoyed your tour and got a lot of inspiration.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful home. I love your use of white pumpkins and succulents for your fall decor. Thank you for sharing and Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! What great use of white pumpkins. You've made everything look so cozy while still looking elegant.

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors in your home and all your beautiful Fall decor!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your post with the Hello Fall Link Party! You have a beautiful home, and I especially like the bluish accordion-style door in your kitchen. Your use of pumpkins and succulents is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.