March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Blessings For You


In finding Irish blessings, prayers and wishes for this
St. Patrick's Day display, I felt blessed myself reading 
all of them.  I selected my favorite ones to share with 
you today...I hope that you feel blessed, too. 


The framed chicken wire (made originally to hold Christmas
 cards but has been handy to change out seasonally) 
holds the blessings and other Irish-inspired items.  



I'm pretending that an ancient Irish calligrapher penned
these sayings for us...

...although they were just typed in a word processing system
in Celtic Hand, Kelt, and Patrick fonts and printed on
paper aged with coffee grounds or scrapbook paper.

 First Frame...











The key and the lollies were items used in Valentine decorations
and re-outfitted with shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day.

Second Frame...


Did you know that the phrase "The Luck of the Irish" started out referring to the bad
luck of Irish immigrants to the United States?  First, they had the potato famine in Ireland
and then many had a hard time finding work in the U.S. because they were thought to be
lazy, stupid, drunken idiots with bad luck following them.  Eventually the original contempt 
behind the phrase was lost and it became known to mean that the Irish are a happy,
charmed race of people who are quite lucky. 







The green bottles in the display are ones that I have been
buying here and there when I find them on sale mainly from
Hobby Lobby and Jo Anne's.  I enjoyed looking at the low
 prices I got them for but finally the price tags had to come off.


Maybe not too successfully, but I tried to mimick the look of
soldered bottles with four leaf clovers on top.  If you want to
see that trial and error process click Easy Soldered-Bottle Look.










May you have "God and His angels close at hand" to 
you today watching over you.



7 comments

  1. What a beautiful post- Happy St. Paddy's to you again!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed so much lovely green here. Have a great St. Patty's and a wonderful week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your St Patrick's posts are so lovely! I'm feeling very blessed just by reading your poetry! You are certainly on a "ROLL" with your wonderful Irish day posts! Look forward to the next holiday cause you are so inspiring! And a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lovin those clover tops. What a super clever way to create a charming detail.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your St. Pat's vignette is so neat. Love the blessings and vintage touches to the chicken wire bulletin boards...and OMGosh, how long have you been collecting green bottles? They really make a great statement! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique display! Festive and fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I get the saying about the length of the kilt?????
    Must have it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.