Monday, October 31, 2011

Skeleton/Snake/Spider/Skull Specimen Display


I'm getting ready for my tricker or treaters with
a Halloween display on my dining room buffet.

A few of the elements in this display have
already been blogged about. 
The items in the framed collage were made to look old in Aging Paper.


The snake wreath DIY is in the blog post Snakes On A Wreath.


Spiders in specimen jars were made for a magazine copy cat challenge
over at Debbiedoos.  That blog post is Critter Cloches.

The candlelabra were from a decorator shop's tent sale.
They used to be gold but were painted a few shades of
bone color to go with their skeleton friends.

To add to my skeleton items, I found these tiny dinosaur
skeletons in the toy section at Dollar Tree. I tried to make
them look like scientific specimens by
 putting them in a glass terriarium.


The snake specimen jars were made by adding the elements from the top of the jar...SO much
easier than the spider specimen jars.  Composing things for a cloche is a challenge.


The skulls got a "teeth whitening" with light color paint...I think it makes him look like he is smiling.



Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Barb and Dell said...

You really went all out for Halloween. It looks great. Your trick or treaters will love it!
Happy Halloween!
Barb

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I just love it! Especially the candlelabras with the skelotons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...