February 25, 2015

Best St. Patrick's Day Ideas


Here are some of the best St. Patrick's Day decorating ideas
from the Miss Kopy Kat blog over the last three years. 

Click on the highlighted text to take you to the original blog post.

This tutorial actually shows you how to make ANY shape of burlap door hanging that you 
would like.  This shamrock shape and a cross shape were the ones I used for the tutorial. 


This is my most ambitious St. Patrick's Day project to date. The original idea was to do a tutorial
on how to make a faux stained glass window. I somehow lost (or forgot the memory card for 
my camera) the pictures I took for part of the making of the window so I had to make it a tutorial
about How To Enlarge An Image For DIY Projects  (which I did have the pictures for).

There are still plenty of pictures and instructions in the tutorial. I just followed the directions
on the bottles of stained glass craft paints and you can too. He usually stays up for Easter too. 


This blog post shows a vignette of a collection of my favorite Irish Blessings printed out on
aged-looking paper. There are instructions on how you can make this look too if you would like.
It really IS a blessing to have these lovely sayings to look and think about through the day.

I  love the look of soldered bottles but knew I was not going to get a torch and soldering
material to make actual soldered bottles. This is a tutorial on how to get the look with inexpensive
craft products. You could use whatever you like on the top of the bottles. I made these with a
St. Patrick's Day theme. These are also really pretty with shells on top instead of shamrocks.

This tutorial shows how to add scads of shamrocks to things you already have in your home
for quick, easy and inexpensive St. Patrick's Day decorating.

Printable to Frame For St. Patrick's Day
The main part of this post was done a couple of years ago but I have had requests
for a printable for the saying. It is a teeny bit naughty...you decide if you want it in
the living room or the bedroom. I recently added a printable to the post with
 instructions (if needed) on how to print it out the text and frame it (if wanted). 

It's March and St.Patrick's Day is just around the corner.
I hope these ideas will spark you to do even a wee bit 
of Irish decorating in your home!

I am sharing this post over at these blog parties:
No Minimalist Here's Share Your Style
Imparting Grace's Grace At Home
French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday
Our Life In A Click's Friday Favorites
I Heart Naptime's Link Party Palooza
Meatloaf and Melodrama's Snickerdoodle Sunday
Dwelling's Amaze Me Monday
Peeled Wellness' Tell 'emTuesday

10 comments

  1. Gayle, All such great projects and the kilt sign had me giggling. Thanks so much for joining the Share Your Style party
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your bottles and your backdrop. Did you make the two picture frames with the wire? OH and your kilt sign so funny - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great St. Pat's decorations! You've inspired me to get mine out and up!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi girly!
    I'm starting a new link party over at my blog on Tuesdays and id love for you to stop by and share a post!

    -K
    http://peeledwellness.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had some amazing ideas! I love the stained glass..wow, beautiful. Happy Spring..almost:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love St Patrick's Day! your clover topped bottles are amazing!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas at Snickerdoodle Sunday! These are part of my features for this week -- love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative ideas Gayle! I'm cracking up about that kilt sign. Definitely 'in the bedroom'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Your tutorial for stained glass is very good.
    Love easy and cheap decoration, your idea with shamrocks is wonderful.

    Carpet cleaning Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just can't get over your wonderful stained glass project! Bravo! Thank you for the lovely inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.