November 14, 2014

Decorating With Thanksgiving Thoughts


Thanks to Sherry at No Minimalist Here blog, I am happy to be
part of her Thanksgiving Vignette blog hop.

 Please check out the links to all the other participants in
 the blog hop at the end of the post.  


The Pilgrims hosted the first Thanksgiving in 1621 in
order to have a special time of giving thanks to God for
His provision for them.  As we carry on that tradition,
I wanted some Thanksgiving Thoughts to be up in my
home to remind me to also give thanks. 

Most of my thoughts that have special meaning to me are
Bible verses but you could decorate with thankful quotes
or sayings that have meaning to you.  

For this vignette, I wanted the thankful thoughts to have a look
that they might have come over on the boats with the Pilgrims.

After composing the thoughts in fancy fonts on my computer,
I ran them through the printer one at a time on the aged paper.
Then cut them out to be a smaller size than the full sheet of 
paper they were printed on.  

If you want to use the Thanksgiving Thoughts that are in
this vignette, the blog post Printable Thanksgiving Thoughts
has them ready for you to download and print on your
choice of paper.  

A couple of years ago I made the chicken wire frames to hold
Christmas cards but I have left them up ever since and 
decorated them for different seasons.  The thoughts are 
attached to the chicken wire with tiny wooden clothespins.

In keeping with the lighter tones in this vignette, I wanted to 
try making some plaster leaves that I had seen Jane at
Cottage At The Crossroads blog make a couple of years ago. 

The plaster leaves give another Fall element to the printed out
sayings/verses on the chicken wire display. 


The candlesticks that are holding the pretty green pumpkins
were purchased from the clearance shelves and Hobby 
Lobby.  The middle of the candlesticks were a glassy pink.
They got a neutral color distressed and crackled paint job. 



The Thanksgiving Thoughts can be used in different places
around your home.  If you print them on card stock, they 
have enough stiffness to lean up against an object.

Or you can place them within other vignettes or even on 
your Thanksgiving dinner table. 

The other blogs in the Thanksgiving Vignette Blog Hop
today with me are

Other blogs in the hop that have shared their vignettes are

They are all wonderful posts...you don't want to miss them!

Thanks for coming by to see my Thanksgiving Thoughts!

I'm sharing this post also at these blog parties:
A Stroll Thru Life's Inspire Me Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday


14 comments

  1. These are really neat, Gail! I love the chicken wire frame too.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to decorate for Thanksgiving Miss Kitty. I love the plaster leaves, they are just darling. What a pretty softer side of autumn display. Thank you so much for sharing the idea of the Thanksgiving thoughts. I love them on the dinner table...just perfect!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you have done!! I think I might move my thankful tree to something more like this next year. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute to the season of being Thankful! I love all your sweet notes and the chicken wire is the perfect background to hold those thoughts. (hold that thought-something my husband has said to me many time-only I never get to Un-hold it and say it)..lol

    Very sweet vignette on top of your piece there with the pumpkins on the candlesticks. I love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gayle I LOVE how that turned out... what a fabulous idea! Love the pretty vignette on your buffet too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very pretty. I bet your guests will love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great Thanksgiving display! I love those white leaves! Love the whole thing...it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gayle, I absolutely the wire frames and your Thanksgiving thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing your pretty vignette at the blog hop!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I meant I absolutely "love" the wire frames and your Thanksgiving thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your verses and sayings certainly add to the tradition of Thanksgiving. Those little plaster leaves are quite clever and add just the right touch. Happy Thanksgiving to you..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have captured the true meaning of our Thanksgiving. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your board really makes a statement of Thanksgiving. I love that you used Bible versus. I would do the same,I have several versus that I rely on daily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those "thoughts" are such a great idea...love them on the frames and tucked within a vignette...beautiful vignettes Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea, written thanks at Thanksgiving! The chicken wire frames look great and the leaves are the perfect finishing touch. Will have to check out how you made them!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.