Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ooopsie Ice Bucket Challenge


Have you taken the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?
I was hoping that no one would challenge me to do it but
my daughter-in-law, Caroline, did the challenge in honor of
my mother and passed the dare on to me.   How could I not? 

My mother has a slow-moving form of ALS and as she has
gotten worse, I have moved them to my city so I can take care
of she and my father more easily.  

She was Miss Auburn (University) in 1947.  My father was
a pilot in World War II.  They are in their 80's now. 

I was explaining the Ice Bucket Challenge to her and she asked
if  she  would get the ice water poured on her and I assured her
that she would not but I wanted her to thank the many family
members that had done the challenge in her honor. 

Well, ooopsie!  I didn't step back far enough from her when
I poured the bucket of ice water on myself!

She was a very good sport about getting all wet!

If you are challenged by someone and you don't want to have
ice water dumped over your head, you can make a donation to
Over $94 million dollars has been raised by the challenge in
just a couple of months!  It has gone viral....if you haven't been
challenged yet, you probably will be!

I'm sharing this story over at 
From Gardners to Bergers' Handmade Hangout

2 comments:

  1. You and your mom are both precious and such good sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle,

    Kudos to you for taking the ice bucket challenge for ALS. Your mom is a sweetheart!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...