April 13, 2012

Telling On Myself


Patsy from Fairview, Texas has a great blog
I have enjoyed reading her cooking blog and
gleaning recipes that have been passed down
to her by previous generations that she is now
generously passing along to us via her blog. 

Patsy was kind to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger
Award and I thank her very much for that honor.

When you are nominated for the award, you are to
tell seven things about yourself so here goes:
*
I am so happy to be attending the Haven Bloggers
Conference in Atlanta on June 21st and 22nd.
*
Today is a Friday the 13th.  Last May on a
Friday the 13th, I bought a package of illustrated black
my blog "Miss Kopy Kat".  I'm not so great with computers
so it took me a long time to get it just "OK" looking.
I have recently had my first blogiversary so I am giving myself
the gift of having someone who knows what they are
doing to re-design my blog for me...I'm excited.
*
I work full-time as a Registered Nurse in a
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (premature or sick babies).
My shift starts at 7pm at night and I work until
7am in the morning.  I am actually a "morning person"
but for several reason I like working those hours.
*
I am on husband #2. 
We both had been married for over 20 years to our spouses
when they unexpectedly left us for other women.
A mutal friend got us a blind date. We have been
married for eleven years now and are very happy.
*
I have three wonderful children.
(sorry I look like I have a "bumpit" in my hair...it was windy on the beach)
My oldest son lives in El Paso, Texas, with his wife and
daughter. My middle son lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.
My daughter is back in Montgomery (for now) after
having lived near Los Angeles, California for several years.

I love this photo of my son and his daughter,(the only grandchild for now)  Lilly.

Tom Kat with his son and my sons playing "Muscle Beach" for the photo.

Fun jump photo of our children with their significant others.
*
Every couple of years, my family rents beach houses and try to
get lots of the extended family together. 
For this year's reunion, I hired a photographer to come take photos of the family.  Actually, I had to
hire her for two separate shoots because not all of the family could be there at the same time.
Some of the family (mostly men) were not too happy about the photo shoot but I told them
that they would enjoy looking back on the pictures in coming years.

Lilly was not happy about the photo shoot either and did an "on purpose" face plant in the sand.
My brother-in-law muttered "I feel like doing the same thing."

*
My parents have been married to each other three
different times!  They are in their eighties now so
hopefully there will be no more divorces.

(Just as a side note: as much as Lilly was fussy during the photos, when the photographer was
packing up and getting ready to go, Lilly came up beside her and started posing.  To
the photographer's credit, she took back out her camera and got some really cute shots.)

Thanks again, Patsy, for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination.

10 comments

  1. Congratulations on your award! I love seeing pictures of your family. Great picture of you and Tom Cat. Your granddaughter is darling.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have and the granddaughter is so cute!
    My husband and I are on our second marriage both for the same reason as yours, we will be married 6 years May 26th.
    This is the best Versital blogger post I have read yet!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most beautiful family. They are all just gorgeous. I can tell how much you love your hubby and how integrated your family has become. Love that your Mom and Dad have been married to each other 3 times. I think they must have finally figured it out!;>) Blessings- I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindo e expressivo blog. Estarei seguindo.
    wwwceialaranjeiras.blogspot.com
    wwwsabereducar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family! I enjoyed reading these interesting facts about you. Congratulations on finding a great husband and a happy marriage!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I really enjoyed reading this post seeing all of your family photos. Your granddaughter is too cute. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures and wonderful family! Lilly is adorable.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure have a lovely family, and
    that was a great idea to have a photographer come and capture that
    time together, cause it is so nice
    to have those pictures, cause you never know when someone will be missing! That is neat that your
    parents remarried. The dream of every child from a divorced home.
    So sorry to hear about your first
    go round, sometimes you have to wonder how people live with themselves.......
    but looks like the Lord blessed you with a lovely husband now, so
    that is wonderful.
    and Lilly, she is the cutest, we have a lil grand daughter about her age I would say, and she is our only one too, and we simply
    adore her. We get to watch her
    every wed. as her Mommy works part time. Such a fun times with her.
    Looks like yall had a great time
    at the beach, and by the way, you are a beautiful woman!!

    Blessings, Nellie
    I was looking for a place to join
    as a follower but haven't found it yet. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess what? I am already a follower
    Just found it on your blog sidebar.
    Now I have to check and see why
    you are not coming up on my blog roll.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our
    misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. See the link below for more info.


    #myself
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.