Monday, October 31, 2011

Black Birds Of A Feather Flock Together


After seeing this photo of a table setting in a recent
"People" magazine, I was inspired to copy cat some
of the elements in it.

I did use the branch with birds, the candlelabra, and lantern
in my table setting but instead of food, I will be offering
Halloween-ish libations and morsels.























All the imbibing of the "Bat Juice" and "Mysterious Elixer"
will be under the watchful eyes of the old folks
(who look like they might get a little crazy too after
the sun goes down).
These are those funny portraits that change from sedate to scary as you walk past them.

Here is the sweet little old lady from one direction... 

...walk past her and she changes into this:
Hope you get all treats and no tricks!

I am sharing this post over at
Magazine Copy Cat Challenge @ Debbiedoos Blogging and Blabbing
and my spider cloche wants to go to the
Fall Cloche Party @ A Stroll Thru Life.
I know Halloween is over but I didn't get around to making this
table vignette until October 31 so I'm strutting it over at
Strut Your Stuff @Somewhat Simple
and "Things I've Done " party in the "Anything Goes" category @Bear Rabbit Bear,
and over at A Creative Princess at the "It's A Party" link party.
Many items on this tablescape were re-purposed items or found at the thrift store so I
am also sharing at "Thrifty Thursday" @ Tales From Bloggerittaville.

20 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

Okay this is quite possibly my favorite Halloween post EVER.

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

You Rock girl! I absolutely love this. You did an awesome job! Thanks again for sharing with the party.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You win, this is the best halloween post I have seen! I love those creepy pictures that change when you walk by!!

Carol

Toni said...

I am scared, very scared.....Yikes!
Maybe I have watched to many Halloween movies this last week! Wait....there is a knock on my door...call for help, pleeeese...Happy Halloween :[

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, your whole vignette is totally "spooky". How fun. I love the cloche, such a great idea. Thanks for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Kathy said...

This is a fabulous tablescape! What fun you must have had putting this together :-)

Donna said...

Very well done, wish I had time to copy cat you!

Donna

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

SO cool and creepy! The birds are my favorite!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That is all so very amazing! You did an awesome job. I hope you had a bit Halloween bash to show it all off!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Excellent blog. So many beautiful treasures! I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Jo's This and That said...

Great JoB! Thanks for sharing,Joann

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How fun and creepy! What a great Halloween display!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What an amazing tablescape. I can't believe how many bottles and jars and creepy things you have pulled together to make your display. I love it.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fantastic Halloween display! Creepy!! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

~ Tami said...

Love this. Great job! Would love for you to check out my Potterbarn Wannabe on Curb Alert! and Debbiedoos party.
http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2011/10/pottery-barn-wannabe.html
I am your newest follower, would love for you to follow back! :)

Sharing with Sherri said...

I love your collection of neat shaped bottles and great labels!! Verrry "tricky" and cool display:)

Geneva said...

For a minute I couldn't believe this was real. You did a great job!!! I'm sure I've never seen anything quite like it...thank you for sharing that creative spirit! Loved it all!

Kara @ June & Bear said...

Wow. You were busy. It all looks so fabulous. I have really been loving the crows this Halloween season. Great job!

Coley said...

I love your display! I did something similar this year and called it my 'autopsy hutch'. So cute!

Kathy said...

What a devine setting, it has all my favorite subjects, crows, spiders and skulls....oh my. I love your collection of halloween, I see we are kindred sisters. Halloween is my favorite time to decorate. This was the first year in blogging so I really enjoyed featuring halloween. I love the idea of the display on your table, mine was on my porch, it takes up so much room I plan on moving it next year. Drop by my site for some treats Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...