July 18, 2011

Coral Under Cloche

I have admired others' glass cloches but didn't have one of 
my own until I decided to treat myself last week when
 Hobby Lobby had all their glass products on sale.

 This summer I have enjoyed looking at the faux coral displays in Pottery Barn catalogs.   I decided to try my hand at making some faux coral of my own to display  under my new cloche. 
For a tutorial on how to make your own faux coral click here.

In doing some research to learn exactly what coral looks like in order to try to copy some, I learned that there are so many different shapes, colors, and sizes of coral.  Did you know there are even Youtube videos that people post of live coral in their aquariums?

Another learning experience was in the making of the coral arrangement. It was a challenge to keep all the elements 
within the size constraints of the inside of the cloche. 

Something else I still need to learn is how to focus the 
camera to capture the detail of the item inside the cloche.   

It seemed like the perfect time to get out the octopus pillows that I made last summer and put them on the sofa.

Just for fun, I tried making some starfish too to go along
 with the coral/beachy theme.
For a tutorial on how to make faux starfish out of spray foam click here.


16 comments

  1. Great cloche display, I love the whole vignette!! Beautiful! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first cloche! You certainly knew what to poke under it and you've set up a lovely display.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and elegant!! You did terrific, wow, first time! I love your displays, they're all great and what you have inside them, is just fabulous! Love, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You did a great job on your cloche and I can't believe you made that coral...well..I CAN believe it-but it looks so real! What a fine looking display! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cloche and display are stunning! I love the way you have created such a beautiful vignette to feature your coral. I love your blog too!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty. I can't believe you made all of that yourself. I'm totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic. And what a fun collection you shared with us. Your mushroom cloches are so pretty and you captured your photos just at the right time with the sun shining down.
    sex addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the octopus pillows to carry the theme. You need to do a tutorial on making starfish and coral-they look so real! I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cloche is stunning.... I can't believe you "made" that. It really looks like a very expensive pre-made cloche that you would find at Pottery Barn or a Boutique. The Whole table vignette is very beautiful! Your Octopus Pillow is wonderful. The one thing I wish I could do was sew... Sigh... Have a wonderful week!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cloche with the coral is exquisite. Such a beautiful display. I also love the urn and the beautiful candlesticks that you have. Elegant vignette. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cloche...you did a great job! Yes, get that crochet lace out and enjoy it! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! (wildrosevintage)
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your first cloche! I have looked for them but am never willing to pay the $$$$!!!!! I love your HOME MADE coral and starfish! Also love those great candle sticks! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are one clever girl! They don't call you the copy cat for nothing!That corral looks as real as any I've ever seen. Thanks for stopping by. Hasn't this party been fun?
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your coral is amazing. Can you explain how you made it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Miss Kitty...

    Just enjoying going through a few of your blog posts, my friend!

    I love the coral variety that you created for the cloche...it's gorgeous!!! Ohhh...I need to make some faux coral...it looks like sooo much fun! I love how yours turned out and it's perfectly displayed under the cloche! Love, love, LOVE your coffee table vignette...soooo pretty! Also love your octopus pillows! You have such a beautiful home, my friend! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

    Warmest summery wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.